Frequently Asked Questions
1. If my family chooses not to attend Wings Gymnastics in January 2021, will my spot be held for me for the September 2021 - June 2022 season?
Yes, you will be considered a returning member for the September 2021 season, even if you were not able to attend the Saturday, January-June 2021 season.
2. What are the programs and times for the January 2021 season?
The January 2021 programs and time are available on our website, which can be found here.
3. Will you have classes this summer since this year was short?
No, we will not. Wings Gymnastics does not have access to Cameron Recreation Centre during the summer months.
4. How many kids will be in each class?*
There are 6 children in each of the Recreation groups, and 8 in the Interclub and Competitive groups.
5. Will the children need to wear masks?*
The use of masks is required upon entry to the facility and in common spaces such as the washrooms, but it is optional in the gym. Your child can wear a mask if that is something your family would like to do, but it is not a requirement to participate in our programs.
6. Will the coaches be wearing masks?*
The coaches will wear a mask to enter the facility and also in the common spaces such as washrooms, but it will be a personal choice for each coach, during the programs. They will wear a mask if they need to spot a gymnast or if they are treating a gymnast for an injury.
7. What is your illness policy?*
Our illness policy can be found on page 12 of our Covie-19 Safety Plan, which can be found here.
8. What will you do if someone starts to feel sick during class?*
If someone begins to feel sick while at Wings, we will separate them from the rest of the participants while we contact the parent/guardian, and wait for the child to be picked up. Please make sure you have an emergency phone number listed in your registration.
9. Do you have make-up classes if my child is sick?
There will not be make-up classes if your child misses a class.
10. Will there still be parent viewing nights?*
There will not be parent viewing nights this year. We have restrictions on the number of people that are allowed in the gym at one time.
11. Can parents stay in the rec centre while classes are running?*
No, we are not able to have the parents stay inside the building as the Recreation Centre will be closed to the public during our class time. We will only have access to the washrooms during our time there; our entry and exit points will be from the tennis court doors.
12. Will the change rooms and washrooms be open?*
The washrooms will be open. We would encourage everyone to come to the gym ready to go, as the change rooms will be closed.
13. How often will the equipment be cleaned?*
Equipment will be disinfected after each class. Equipment that can not be cleaned (cloth-like surfaces) will not be used.
14. What if I need to talk to the coach?
If you need to speak with your coach, you can email email@example.com, and put your coach’s name in the subject line. I will then forward it to the coach.
15. Who do I talk to if I have a question regarding Covid-19?
Anthea Ogle, our head coach, is our Covid-19 representative. If you have any questions regarding our policies or procedures, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. Do I have to fill out the screening questions before every class?*
Yes, you will be required to complete the Daily screening questions, and submit it, before every class.
17. If classes get cancelled again because of Covid closures, will I be charged?
No, you will not be charged. We will stop any monthly payment plans, and adjust the price to reflect the length of the season. We will issue credits if any over-payment occurs.
18. The class that I want to register for, is full. What should I do?
You can add your child to the waitlist as class sizes may change as the season progresses.
19. Why do I have to pay for the Gym BC Membership?
Wings is an affiliated member of Gymnastics BC, and all gymnasts must be registered with Gym BC, as they provide our insurance coverage. The insurance is valid from September to August.
*Please note: Some of the above answers may change to reflect new requirements from the Health Ministry, Gym BC, or ViaSport.